Sunday, August 26, 2012

I Scream, You Scream

Hi there!

Today's theme is ice cream, but thought I'd think a little outside the cone...

 with an Ice cream truck card!

Nothin' says summer like an ice cream truck riiiight? I didn't grow up where there were ice cream trucks, but when my brother and I would go visit my grandparents they would come by a few times a week during the summer and we would get soooo excited! Somehow ice cream from the truck tasted better than anything you could get at the store. (yes, I know they're probably the exact same bars that mom picked up, but from the truck it was special ;)

Supplies: (Cardstock: (white) Georgia-Pacific, (gray) The Paper Co., Patterned Paper: (Myra's Pearls, Alicia, Haylie, Amber's Avenue from the Oh Happy Day Collection) GCD Studios, Stamps: (Sentiment Sampler) Paper Smooches, Ink: (Tuxedo Black) Memento, Marker: Copic, Die: (Classic Triple Scallop Edgeabilities) Spellbinders Paper Arts, Buttons from stash
Size: 5.5"x5"

My truck was created entirely with the "Oh Happy Day" collection. The bright, sherbet-y colors were just too perfect not to use. I created my own pattern to make the truck. the only thing I added beyond the pattern was the little awning, It was created by using a border die along the edge of a strip of cardstock then scoring it and adhering the edge behind the window frame. Oh, and I added the stripe too.

Just in case you like my little ice cream truck card enough to want to make one for yourself, I've provided the pattern for you to use. Just click to make it larger and right click to save the file.



What makes you think of summer?
Heidi

23 comments:

Deanna said...

Amazing friend and thx for the template!

snappy scrappy said...

So darn cute...love it! Lee-Ann :)

Rachel W K said...

what a great ice cream card! the fun colors are adorable. oh how i miss chasing down the ice cream man!

-Rachel w k
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

Lynne in NI said...

Cool card!

Jingle said...

This is so super cute! I love the cone on top of the truck!

Ginny Larsen said...

oh my goodness, this card is AWESOME! i love the ice cream trucks too... can't stop wanting some even though i usually have something better in the fridge! :D

Helen L said...

Fantastic card!!!

Kathy H said...

Oh my Gosh! This is A-dorable!

Desire Fourie said...

Heidi this is just beautiful. All the elements woks so perfectly together. Wishing you a fab weekend.
Hugs
Desíre
Doing Life
Digistamps4Joy DT Member
Tammy’s Scrapin Corner DT Member

Jacq said...

What a great card! Thanks so much for sharing.
I used to love it when the ice cream van came round when I was growing up. Thanks for conjuring up some memories. :)

Cindy - John 3:16 said...

WOW!!! This is A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!!! TY so much...hope you share more similar to this! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the ice cream truck card. It is so cute and just perfect for my neices who have summer birthdays.
Sherry T

Cheryl L. said...

That is adorable!!! Thanks!

Dolly Madison said...

*Squeals* Ohhh, that is SO CUTE! I love it! I am going to make it in a little pinstripe/retro paper pattern in pinks and white, or maybe red and white. Oh my. This is adorable. :D I'm quite smitten---even if summer is almost 'over', who cares? This is the cutest card! And I could also modify it to be an old-fashioned milk truck, that'd be cute.....Where's my paper?

Dolly
DollyMadisonDesigns.wordpress.com
DollyMadison.etsy.com

Myrna Marcano said...


So CUTE !!!!!!

Thank you.

Myrna
http://MyrnaMarcanoCrafter.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

This is SO GREAT! I can't wait to make a card for my brother. When he was little he would say he was going to be an ice cream man when he grew up - LOL. In the city where he lives now, they don't have ice cream trucks! Norma W

Ellen said...

Awesome card! Thanks for sharing your template!!!!

Silverbutterfly said...

Very cute, thanks..

Silverbutterfly

Chris said...

This is just so darn cute...thank you so much!!!

Wadetspy said...

Thanks so much for the ice cream truck card. It is so cute and just perfect for my neices who have summer birthdays. Sherry T

Anonymous said...

I'm really impressed with your writing skills and also with the layout on your blog. Is this a paid theme or did you modify it yourself? Anyway keep up the nice quality writing, it is rare to see a nice blog like this one nowadays.

Feel free to visit my web page: Abc General Hospital Recaps

Anonymous said...

without charge exquisite article patterns
http://getsmarq.com/index.php?do=/blog/71618/easy-helpful-advice-associated-référencement-naturel/
http://nevacal.com/w/index.php?title=User:CoraFCBB
http://www.iseale.com/AlisaXwg
http://social.sharkbytecrm.com/pg/profile/GeorgiaYm
http://social.sharkbytecrm.com/pg/forum/topic/118441/feasible-programs-relating-to-face-painter/

Firenze said...

Oh so cute! And just in time for my "kids" market display! TFS this wonderful template.
Helen -- Firenze Cards