To add extra fun to our blog hop...we are offering up a prize!
The way we choose our winners and the prize has changed:
- FOUR winners will be chosen at RANDOM from any of the design team blogs and the PS Blog
- The prize - a $25. gift code to choose what you like at the PS online store.
- Just leave a comment on any of the eight design team blogs listed below or the PS blog for your chance to win! (you do not need to comment on all blogs to qualify)
- You have until midnight MT on Sunday, September 29th to leave a comment.
- Please check the Paper Smooches blog on Monday, September 30th to see if you are one of the FOUR lucky winners.
- You will have more time to comment
- You can choose dies as a part of your prize (or anything else in our store of course)
- You don't have to check all 8 blogs to see if you won, you just need to check the PS blog.
Heidi Van Laar ---you are here :)
To increase your chances of winning:
- Leave a comment on this blog post
- Tell us that you Facebooked about our blog hop
- Tell us that you Tweeted about our hop
- Tell us that you posted on your blog about our blog hop
Today I get to share a little project that I created with the super fun new Giddy Gumdrops set! Because this set is so fun, I decided to step outside my cardmaking box and create another kind of project entirely. Wanna see?
Hee hee, they're earrings! Tiny little gingerbread man (and woman) earrings on a card shaped like a gingerbread house! The gingerbread man and woman stamps that come in this set are much larger than they appear here, but I broke out some shrink film I'd been hoarding to make these tiny charms.
If you've never worked with shrink film before, you really should give it a go. It's so much fun! To create the charms I started by sponging permanent alcohol based brown ink onto white shrink film. I then stamped my images over the sponged area with a darker brown ink. You want to keep everything lighter than you want your finished image to be...the colors darken as they shrink. After letting that dry, I cut my gingerbread man and woman out, leaving a small tap at the top to punch a hole in (this is how you attach them to your project later). There are many different way to shrink the film when you're ready, I chose to place my pieces onto a heat resistant surface (a silicone mat works great) secure them with a needle tool through the hole I punched at the top and used my heat gun on them. They shrink in just seconds...way cool! To make sure they're completely flat I quickly press them down with an acrylic stamping block while they still warm. After they cooled off I went back and added my details with acrylic pant and sealed them with clear spray on sealant. some O rings , beads and earring findings I picked up from the craft store later and I had myself a brand new pair of gingerbread earrings!
I'll probably end up keeping these myself (can't wait to wear them for the holidays) but I thought I'd make some to give as gifts too. To me, earring need to be on a backing card, and there just happened to be the perfect stamp to create a card with in this set...a gingerbread house! I stamped the house, added some stamped candies, colored and glittered it and finished it up with a couple holes to hook the earrings though. Perfect!
Cardstock: (white) Georgia Pacific, Stamps (gingerbread man, gingerbread woman, bow tie, gingerbread house, candy, gumdrops: Giddy Gumdrops set) Paper Smooches, Ink: (Rich Cocoa) Memento, (Morocco) Memento Luxe, (Saddle Brown, Timber Brown) Staz On, (Rosebud, Robin's Egg, Lime) ColorBox Pigment ink, Markers: Copic, Glitter (clear) Martha Stewart, Acrylic Paint: Plaid, Earring Findings: Darice, Beads: Bead Gallery
Whew! That was a longer than normal post! I guess I was just excited about these and wanted to share how easy they were to make.
Please make sure to stop by all the other PS designers blogs...you know they've got amazing stuff to share, plus that will up your chances of winning some fab PS product!
Oh yeah, If you want yet another opportunity to win some Paper Smooches product, I've got one more bit of news to share! Paper Smooches is being featured on Moxie Fab World today (one of my favoritest sites!) and I believe they're giving away some goodies too!
Have fun and good luck everyone!
Giveaway is now closed