Saturday, November 9, 2013

Moxie Fab Thanks Blog Hop



Hi there!

Welcome to the Moxie Fab Thanks Blog Hop. A hop to celebrate and say thank you to one of the most inspiring people in the paper crafting industry...Cath Edvalson.

Here's where you should be in the hop:

...

Christina MacLaren 

Me!

Giovana Smith 

...

If you'd like to start from the beginning or see the whole list of blog participants head on over to the Moxie Fab World.

I want to tell you a little bit about what Cath means to me. She is my mentor, my cheerleader and my constant source of inspiration. She is a huge part of why I had any sort of success in this industry. The fact that this hop is, well, massive tells you that I'm probably not the only one who feels this way about her.

With that said let me share a few projects that summarize my adventures in the Moxie Fab World.

Dec 2008, I won my first Moxie Fab Challenge with this Christmas Creation (I went by my Paper Crafts forum name SAJ Mom)


I nearly had a heart attack when this happened! At this point I'd never been published or won any kind contest, so this was a HUGE honor and a big boost to my confidence. It also wasn't long before Cath sent me and invitation to submit to Paper Crafts magazine, I said I'd never been published, but the truth is I'd never even submitted before...too chicken :) but this simple act from Cath gave me the push I needed. I had 8 cards picked up for that first publication and suddenly paper crafting went from a hobby to a passion!

I continued to play along with various Moxie Fab world Challenges and Tuesday Triggers throught the years, and truly they've resulted in some of my favorite creations.

A Stitch in Time


Around the House


All Creatures Great and Small


Sweet on Spring Tuesday Trigger


Tissue Paper Magic


Beads and Baubles Tuesday Trigger


I'd have you stuck here all day if I showed you every creation inspired by Cath or told you all the ways she encouraged or supported me and I know you have soooo very many more blogs to visit, so let me just say...

Thanks Cath!! you are the embodiment of Moxie Fab!!

Heidi
 Now onto Giovana Smith's blog!

30 comments:

Ivanka said...

I remember many of your wins at MFW and I remember thinking at the time 'what a talented girl, there is nothing she can't do!' Love your cards!

Kelly Booth said...

Your Creations are ALWAYS Amazing! Just Love all of these....

Laurel said...

Wonderful cards!

Michelle (sf9erfan) said...

wonderful trip down memory lane! I know Cath has a special place in your heart and she will love this tribute to her. Hugs to you, I think of you often!

~amy~ said...

Love seeing all of your moxie fab creations heidi!!

Lea Lawson said...

Love seeing all of these cards of yours again, Heidi! Such a nice walk down memory lane!

paperella said...

What a wonderful bunch of Moxie Fab cards!

Darnell J Knauss said...

Heidi, that was a lovely photo diary of your journey with Cath, at least part of it! Thank you for sharing! Hugs, Darnell

Cathy A said...

Lovely selection of cards and projects

Debbie said...

Heidi, what awesomeness you shared here today on your blog! So many beautiful creations through the years :)

Jingle said...

So many great cards and projects!

Kim Heggins said...

So many amazing cards and projects, what a sweet way to remember all the Cath has shared with everyone.

shirley-bee said...

Loved seeing your Moxie Fab gallery!

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome cards, dearie!!!

Tracey McNeely said...

All fantastic cards and great trip down memory lane!

Beth M said...

What a lovely tribute to Cath.

Noelle said...

these are all gorgeous! Thanks for sharing all these awesome links! :)

Alice Wertz said...

thank you for sharing your fabulous work! you are amazing, Heidi!

Jessi Fogan said...

Hard to narrow down favourites! These are all awesome :)

Beverley said...

WOW! Such a wonderful array of stunning creations & many memories to treasure. Hugs Bev x

Virginia L. said...

Cath was SO right to give you the needed nudge!! Thanks for the beautiful trip down the memory lane! Love your work, Heidie! So happy that you are part of this epic blog hop!

Brenda Weaver said...

wow! So many fabulous creations!! Love them all.

Tasnim said...

Lovely post. I enjoyed reading it and looking at your beautiful work. Thanks for sharing!

Cath said...

Wow, Heidi! What a fantastic trip down memory lane! I just loved seeing all these *old* and still moxie fab projects! Thank you, also, for your kind words about me and the Moxie Fab World. I am so touched to know the many ways it has inspired you, and am *so glad* I got to know you so well along the way. Hugs and loves to you, my moxie fab friend! :)

{Rebecca} said...

It's no wonder you have been so successful in the paper crafting world, Heidi! These are stunning!

Michelle Lupton said...

Lovely tribute! Sorry it has taken me so long to hop here!

Ashley Nguyen Newell said...

Awesome cards, Heidi! I love them all!

Deirdre said...

All amazing creations - just FAB.

maria f. said...

Great post, Heidi. Amazing, the "Cath effect", eh?

Ann said...

Wonderful card.Thanks for sharing :)